I am an artistic creation, the poetry of the God who makes all things amazingly beautiful.
- For we are God’s handiwork, his masterpiece. . . Eph 2:10
He put careful deliberate thought into all of the intricacies that would define me, both inside and out.
- For you created my inmost being. Ps 139:13
- He is the one who shapes every human heart, and contemplates every work of man. Ps 33:15
- How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand— Ps 139:17
I have strengths, characteristics and talents that are orchestrated to work together for maximum effect. Just like the circulatory or cardiovascular system, my soul is a complex system, specially designed by God to perform select purposes.
- created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Eph 2:10
- he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do. Ps 33:15
- all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Ps 139:16
God is a hard worker, and all his deeds are excellent. Thus, he put concerted effort into my creation, and I am excellent.
- My Father is always at his work to this very day. John 5:17
- And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1
- I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful. Ps 139:14
As the object of so much thought and effort, God is invested in me. He has watched over my life, guiding and shaping me. He has made me into the most of who I am, who I was created to be.
- The Lord is my shepherd . . . He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Ps 23:3
- he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Phil 1:6
- But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. John 16:13
And when I went astray and became a slave to vileness, God sent Jesus to redeem the wonderful work he’d invested so much in — me!
- While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
- If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. Matt 18:12-13
- the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. Isa 53:5
God redeemed me for a purpose. I believe I know Him today because He intends for me to save others. He equipped for this task in ways that are particular to me. I have ways of reaching others, interacting with them and helping them that are my own tool set.
God’s ultimate artistic creation is the church. Just as God created an amazing ecosystem to make plants and animals thrive, he carefully and meticulously designed the church so we can thrive, for His glory. His dream for the church is my creative dream as well.
- From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work. Eph 4:16
- Christ loved the church and gave his life for it. He did this to make the church holy. . . Then he could present it to himself as a glorious church. Eph 5:25-27
- For now we really live, since you are standing firm in the Lord. I Thes 3:8