“I do solemnly resolve to embrace my current season of life and to maximize my time in it. I will resist the urge to hurry through or circumvent any portion of my journey but will live with a spirit of contentment.” From “Resolution” by Priscilla Shirer
May I be content with each day, each moment. It is all I have. Let me make the best of it. Let me glorify God in it.
May I be content with who I am. It’s okay to have weaknesses. I don’t have to be good in everything.
- Don’t think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves Romans 12:3
- So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 2 Cor 12:9
I am loved, treasured, doted upon, even in my imperfections. The God who loves me, who works all things for good because He is goodness and love, can work good out of my flawed efforts.
Let me learn to be content. Build in me the strength to do so.
- I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Phil 4:11-13
- Godliness with contentment is great gain. I Tim 6:6
This strength comes from a growing understanding of the grace that sustains me and falls on me like a waterfall, from having Christ by my side, from the indwelling of the Spirit, and from a sure trust.
- Yet Saul grew more and more powerful and baffled the Jews living in Damascus by proving that Jesus is the Messiah. Acts 9:22
- be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2 Tim 2:1
- But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength 2 Tim 4:17
- But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength Isa 40:31
Let me be content because what I have is sufficient. Christ is the richness. God is more marvelous than I can fathom. He will meet my needs.
- And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:19
- And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work 2 Cor 9:8
- My grace is sufficient for you. For the purpose of my power is fulfilled when you are weak.2 Cor 12:9 (My paraphrase)
Let me not take shortcuts, or take control.
God, let me experience your shalom, the completion, wholeness, contentment and well being. The harmony and bliss that come from walking with YOU.
FOR THIS WAS I CREATED.
For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit Romans 14:17