“Sanctify the Lord, who commands Heaven’s Armies, making Him what is holy in your life. He is the one you should fear. He is the one you are to dread.” Isa 8:13 (my paraphrase)
“Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.” Ex 3:5
Father, I cannot bring any doubt into your sacred presence.
- But the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not trust in me enough to honor me as holy in the sight of the Israelites, you will not bring this community into the land I give them.” Numbers 20:12
Nor can I come to you out of a sense of obligation. You want me to be willing. You no more want me to be dutiful, than I would want my children to call me merely because they think they are supposed to. You want to be the joy and treasure of my life, as I am for you.
- The people rejoiced at the willing response of their leaders, for they had given freely and wholeheartedly to the LORD. I Ch 29:9
- Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Cor 9:7
- For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what one does not have. 2 Cor 8:12
- A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed. Prov. 11:25
Father, may I bring a smile to your face today. May you see in me your daughter.
May I understand your grace, and how I need to love you with my whole heart, and also how I have the righteousness of Christ as my own — how there is no condemnation for me.
As we talked about in church yesterday, I want to have that rare thing that is really living. I don’t want my worries to warp and steal my experiences. I want to embrace life to the full.
Father, as we realized even more after reading the whole book of Philippians yesterday, you are the ONLY thing that really matters. Help me not define life in terms of myself, my actions, what I think it will take to make me happy.
Father, help me feel adequate to the tasks before me. Help me to see that the vast majority of it is up to you, and I am only doing a small part from the hollow of your hand. Help me find strength and clarity when my emotions overwhelm me. Help me feel your love and support, strong and solid at my back.
May I spend my days in your presence. . . confident. . . reverent. . . only wishing to make you smile..
May you wash over me like the waves until all that is in me is waiting in silence before you. My hope is in you.
“Will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?. . . And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. II Cor 3
“But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.” Hebrews 12: 22-24